Online Booking, Quick & Confidential!I don't want $100
Medication management is available and an UMA specialist can help monitor your medication, ongoing or sporadically.
Are you experiencing mental health symptoms that require medication? What types of medications are there?
Patients who seek a therapist sometimes need the help of a psychiatrist. A psychiatrist is able to recognize symptoms and pair it with the best medication that he or she sees fit. Millions of people take medications to improve their quality of life. Here are some examples of medication based on most common symptoms:
1. People suffering from Schizophrenia or other Psychotic illnesses
◦ Antipsychotics. These antipsychotics can be broken down into two types, typical antipsychotics, and atypical antipsychotics. These include but are not limited to Thorazine, Trilafon, Abilify, Risperdal, and Seroquel
2. People suffering from Depression tend to be prescribed antidepressants. Although this is a very general term, there are many different classifications of these antidepressants
◦ Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) such as Lexapro, Prozac, and Zoloft
◦ Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs) such as Emsam and Nardil
◦ Tricyclics (TCAs) such as Asendin, Pamelor, and Tofranil. Although these antidepressants are older, they still can be used today
◦ Serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) such as Effexor and Cymbalta
3. People suffering from anxiety issues tend to be prescribed benzodiazepines such as Xanax, Klonopin, and Valium
Although these are just some of the many symptoms and medications out there, it is important to consult with your doctor to find the correct match for you. Locate some of the top psychiatrist's in the New York area by browsing our selection of mental health specialists near you.
Find a provider
Our network of providers are state-licensed and vetted by our staff. Book in confidence and receive the highest quality of care.